This course will provide students with a comprehensive understanding of general safety rules and the operation and function of S.M.A.W Welding procedure. The course will cover the heat range and polarity in S.M.A.W welding, as well as the effects of Stick welding on different metals. Safety measures to be taken during the welding process will also be discussed, as well as the reading of blueprints. Upon completion of the course, students should have a strong foundation in S.M.A.W welding safety and technique.
- Students will have the opportunity to attempt and complete four position (FLAT, HORIZONTAL, VERTICAL AND OVERHEAD) testing by CWB for S.M.A.W
- Perform fillet and groove welds in all positions.
- Produce quality cuts with oxy-acetylene and plasma torches.
- Striking an arc progressing to make bead welds
- welding in different Positions (Flat, Horizontal, Vertical and Overhead)
- Learning safety and handling of F.C.A.W welding machine.
- Learn Welding process for joining beveled material; root
- pass and filler passes.
- Four position testing – CWB Test (Canadian Welding Bureau) in S.M.A.W.
$5000 TEST Extra $125 each (usually & tests)