Welcome to our SMAW & MIG course! In this comprehensive program, you will gain the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue a career as a SMAW & MIG. Our experienced instructors will guide you through the basics of welding and fitting, including the different types of welding processes and the tools and equipment used in these trades.
As you progress through the course, you will learn about advanced topics such as blueprint reading, fabrication, and repair and maintenance. You will also have the opportunity to put your skills into practice through hands-on training exercises and projects. Our focus on hands-on learning will give you the confidence and experience you need to succeed in your career.
Our SMAW & MIG Course when completed will provide knowledge about three distinct welding processes. Students will be able to understand and comprehend S.M.A.W (Stick metal arc Welding), G.M.A.W (Gas Metal Arc Welding) and F.C.A.W (Flux Core Arc Welding).
During the duration of the SMAW & MIG course our students will learn to safely handle each type of Welding Machine. They will be prepared to enter the workforce with important knowledge of the safety practices of each type of welding procedure.
By the end of the course, you will have the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue a rewarding career as a Welder Fitter. We look forward to helping you achieve your goals!
- Basics of welding and fitting: Students will have a solid understanding of the different types of welding processes and the tools and equipment used in these trades.
- Advanced topics such as blueprint reading, fabrication, and repair and maintenance: Students will have the skills and knowledge to perform more advanced welding and fitting tasks, including reading blueprints, fabricating parts, and repairing and maintaining equipment.
- Hands-on experience: Students will have had the opportunity to put their skills into practice through hands-on training exercises and projects, which will give them confidence and experience in their field.
- Safety practices and procedures: Students will have received training in important safety practices and procedures, ensuring that they are well-prepared to work safely and efficiently on the job.
- Striking an arc progressing to make bead welds
- Welding in different directions with different types of electrodes
- Progressing to position welding, gradually to vertical and overhead positions
- Same welding process for joining beveled material; root pass and filler passes in all
- Four Position Testing (Flat, Horizontal, Vertical and Overhead) in S.M.A.W
- Two Position Testing (Flat and Horizontal) in G.M.A.W
- Two Position Testing (Flat and Horizontal) in F.C.A.W
- Students have an opportunity to test for two more positions (Vertical and Overhead) for F.C.A.W
- Students Graduate with complete 8 Total Qualifications of Welding with an opportunity to Graduate with 10.
$8000 TEST Extra $125 each (usually & tests)